Saturday, December 20, 2008

Please, play along!

This is a sort of train blog and I got this from Jennifer. She posted it on her blog and she got the idea from another blog she follows. I thought it would be fun. You should "play" along too! Please let me know if you do!

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags? I do both, but wrapping is definitely my favorite. I feel like I am cheating if I put my gifts in a bag!!

2. Real tree or Artificial? Artificial. I am probably the only person on the planet that doesn't like the smell of a real tree- weird, huh??

3. When do you put up the tree? This year it went up 2 weeks before Thanksgiving (I was anxious and ready since I didn't decorate very much last year) Wait, I even had the lights up on the house by the first weekend in November! I was ready!

4. When do you take the tree down? Sometime after the kids go back to school.

5. Do you like eggnog? No way!

6. Favorite gift received as a child? A doll that had hair that "grew", could be styled, and then "cut" or shortened with the turn of a dial on her back. And I also had one that you could put make up on her- sweet!

7. Hardest person to buy for? Either of my parents- they buy what they want and then act like anything you get them is silly... So frustrating!

8. Easiest person to buy for? Definitely Jackson! Emma is pretty easy too.

9. Do you have a nativity scene? No, but I would love one! hint, hint

10. Mail or email Christmas cards? Always mail- I love to receive Christmas cards so I guess I think everyone else feels the same!

11. Worst Christmas gift you ever received? A set of coat hangers and a shirt that was too small (it even had the price tag still attached and it was a clearance...totally WRONG!).

12. Favorite Christmas Movie? I actually loved Fred Claus (it's the last movie I actually sat through with my kids and it just last weekend) and thought it was very cute. I really like "Elf" too- I've not ever watched the traditional Christmas movies.

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas? We are all really blessed so I try to pick up things throughout the year for everyone except the kids. I have to start shopping for the kids when it's closer to Christmas since their "wants" change monthly/daily- I have made the mistake of shopping early for them and then had to return things so I wait until closer to Christmas for them!!

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present? I don't think so...

15. Favorite thing to eat at Christmas? sweet potatoes, cheese grits, yeast rolls and did I say, sweet potatoes?? carbs, yum.

16. Lights on the tree? Must..be..WHITE!

17. Favorite Christmas song? All the classics, but Rudolph the Red Nose Reindeer to sing with the kids!

18. Travel at Christmas or stay at home? We are always home on Christmas morning, but travel to see family in Amarillo every other year (they come see us when it's their turn). This year we are leaving for Amarillo on the 31st to go meet our new neice/cousin- Olivia Claire.

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer's? Yes

20. Angel on the tree top or a star? I didn't make it to the top of the tree this year.

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning? Christmas morning, but we may start a new tradition and let the kids open one present on Christmas eve.

22. Most annoying thing about this time of the year? When people forget about the real reason for the season and rude people.

23. What theme or color are you using? I use the bright red and bright lime green and have pictures of the kids from Christmas' passed all over!

24. Favorite for Christmas dinner? I am thankful for hot food I didn't cook.

25. What do you want for Christmas this year? Doug and Robin's cabin in Fredericksburg, TX. and a custom blog template/header!! Fun!

26. Do you have a favorite ornament, what? Not really, but I love the ones the kids have made over the years.

27. Gifts from Santa? Wrapped or Unwrapped? Santa always leaves the presents unwrapped and puts little labels on them so that the kids know what is theirs- he also leaves a gift or two for the family!

If you'd like to participate, copy the paste the contents of this blog into your blog and then let me know....I love "getting to know" my friends! Merry Christmas from me to you!

2 comments:

Claire said...

I love that little game!Really you want uncle Doug's cabin for Christmas..is that the only thing you want?And it's true..Santa always
leaves things unwrapped.I hope we get a Wii for our family Christmas present this year!You once got some coat-hangers for Christmas...and a shirt that was to small for you.Who got it for you?It's true we did get everything put up BEFORE Thanksgiving!I LOVE YOU MOM!!
-Bailey

Swan Family said...

I just went on another blogging marathon and I did the game! Thanks for sharing it!