Thursday, December 25, 2008

Olivia Claire Moore

She is here!! We were blessed with another neice/cousin to add to our family fun. Carey delivered Olivia Claire Moore at 7:14 p.m. in Amarillo, TX on December 23, 2008. Olivia came out beautiful at 7 lbs. 14 oz. and a healthy eater! Word is that she doesn't make a peep and sleeps a lot. Since this is Carey and Todd's first, they are learning the joys of caring for her and trying to find some sleep.

I must say, I am so impressed with Carey and Todd already. Carey took the advice from Jerrod about taking the nurses up on keeping her at night so that her and Todd could get some sleep- I really didn't think she would do it since it's her first, but she did! She said it was nice to get sleep and rest and when Olivia was hungry they brought her promptly to Carey! I think that's the way it should be- it really is the last time you get to have some help during the middle of the night. I actually interviewed the two hospitals where my doctor delivered when I had Teague. I didn't deliver at the hospital everyone recommended and probably my doctors preference because the nurse manager thought I was NUTS to ask them to help me in the middle of the night especially since I would be nursing. She even made me cry...meanie! I am so glad that Carey's time at the hospital with Olivia Claire was as great as we wanted it to be!

Anyway, Carey and Todd came home today...yes, on Christmas!! What a gift! She had a super cute pink and white little sweater outfit to bring that cutie home in, but when she came a few weeks early- Todd rushed out to pick up the Christmas outfit perfect for the ride home to meet her new world on Christmas day! We can't wait to get to Amarillo on the 31st to see the cutie pie. Here are a few pictures of her from the hospital.
She has already found her thumb...smart girl!!
Proud Mommy- doesn't Carey look great?!!
This is what a proud Daddy looks like. Todd, did you ever think you'd be called, "DADDY"??! Awesome, huh?

Guys, you did good!

Also, as I would expect from Carey, she has already had professional pictures taken of Olivia Claire. These are the first of many- Carey even has it already planned out. She pointed out the walls in the front room where her wedding pictures will come down and will be replaced with pictures of Olivia. It's amazing how that happens...huh??! Babies do it to us, everytime!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

She is just precious! Pass on my congratulations to Carey and Todd for me. :)