Wednesday, December 10, 2008

It's Wednesday and I'm in a whirlwind! But SNOW??

Bright and early this morning, we heard Teague on the monitor crying (really just wimpering) so Jerrod went up there to check on him, give him a bottle, change a diaper, etc. When he opened the door, he was greeted at the door by that little toot! He can scale anything! As you'll read, his world is about to change so here's one final picture of him before it all goes down:So this morning started with a bang...I got in the shower, took Jackson to school and then came back home to get the toot. He and I headed to Babie's R Us to buy the perfect accessory for his room...a tent for his bed. When I had just one child, I really thought those suckers were just down right mean to add to the baby bed. We tried Emma out of her baby bed at 16 months and it just about killed us. She climbed out of her big girl bed and goofed off so much (yes, really!) that we swore if we had another child we would install a tent the minute they climbed out. So we did. Jackson climbed out one day and installed one immediately. Can I tell you he loved that thing? It was hard for me to get him OUT of his crib because he loved his bed so much- I think it was like a little coccoon and he felt secure. Anyway, I totally love those crib tents so I was off to get one first thing this morning. I picked it up, headed to the bank to make a deposit and get money for the week, stopped and picked up Chick Fil A for the girls and then headed for school with Teague to enjoy lunch. After Emma's lunch, I went back home. I installed the crib tent, gave Teague a bottle and put him down to take a nap while Maria Elena was here cleaning. I went back to Campbell to have lunch with Bailey and her friends, ran to Swoozie's to pick up 2 gift cards, stopped at Carter's to buy Teague some sleepers with feet (so cuddly) and was off to pick up Jackson from school. On the way there I called in a balloon order to HEB so that I could use the balloons in my Christmas picture (it's getting late and I need to get the cards out!! Another blog...) and Jackson and I stopped to pick them up before heading home. Once we got home, Teague was just waking up and was ready for a snack. Ten minutes later, the girls came home from school and while we were doing homework- it started to SNOW! Yes, snow in Sugar Land!!!! So we were off to take pictures, videos and just play in it...so fun! We met neighbors on the street with all the kids out playing- all of us had our cameras in hand. We commented on how just 24 hours ago- we were all wearing shorts and flip flops! Erin, Bailey, Emma, and Caroline.

Yes, that's snow!!! Can you believe it?!
We played for a while, headed in for baths, ate dinner and then took Christmas pictures in the family room. Then I was off to put Teague to sleep while the older ones did crafts in the kitchen and then I made hot chocolate for the older ones. WHEW! After they finished their treat, they all ran upstairs to get their sleeping bags to have a slumber party in our room since Jerrod is out of town (we miss you...). They laid their heads down and fell fast asleep! It's been a whirl wind...and it's only Wednesday! I am off to join them. Aren't you just tired from reading about my day??! Here's my favorite: All snuggly and warm and having a slumber party at home. A perfect way to end our day! I am editing this post since I forgot to include that after the kids went to sleep, I went ahead and stayed up to download all the pictures from the cameras, ordered Christmas cards on line, and updated this blog with several entries since the last time I wrote was this weekend! So I lied earlier...it's close to midnight and I'm finally going to sleep! Good night!

No comments: