Tuesday, March 31, 2009

When in doubt...continue to doubt

Last night Jerrod reluctantly allowed Emma to go to the softball fields with him while Bailey played her game (I had to miss because Teague was without a nap and I knew quite well what that meant for me- I KNEW it would be a rough night with him there) so she was playing with a group of girls from her school while Jerrod coached the team and watched her out of the corner of his eye. Somehow she fell down and scratched her knee up pretty good. This is ironic because the last time Emma was at the ER was when she was at the softball fields without me and sliced open her toe on a piece of glass.

The first thing Jerrod says when he gets home is, "That is the last time Emma is going to the softball fields without you there! This happens every time she goes..." I couldn't help but think how me being there was going to stop Emma from being so clumsy!

We cleaned it up, sprayed it with some antiseptic, put some neosporin on it and bandaged it up with a gauze pad and some waterproof bandage tape. It looked like she had been to the ER.
If you know Emma, this scratch is BIG. It is something to talk about, look at, touch and spend a lot of time trying to fix it. It is all time consuming. Poor Mrs. Parmer- her teacher. She told me today that she went to the nurse at school twice...the first time she bandaged it up very nicely for Emma. The second time, she bandaged it again and then gave Emma 3 additional bandages to take home. Bad move. Emma came home with zippo zero bandages.

So I am figuring that this sore has been bandaged on the average about 10 times (that I am aware of) in about 24 hours. I am not worried, when it does heal...Emma will find something else spend her time on- this, I am certain of!
She has also asked me a dozen times to go to the store and buy the bandages that Nurse Cathy gave her. Those must have been some fancy, schmancy bandages...

No comments: