Wednesday, March 04, 2009

What do you think of this Pottery Barn bench?

I ordered this bench from Pottery Barn over the Christmas break. It was back ordered so I had to wait to receive it. I waited so long that I actually forgot that I ordered it and it finally came this week. It must be popular since it was backordered, but we can't decide if we like it.

I like the idea of having a bench in front of my couch- I think it's important to be able to put your feet up while sitting there relaxing and of course it provides another place to sit (especially for the kiddos). A leather bench may work too but I already have a leather chair and another chair with leather on it- so that may not work. I have tried coffee tables and they always get knicked up by the kids playing with toys and fingerprints mysteriously appear all over them. Someday I would love to get a coffee table, but for now I am going to do without.

So what do you think? Jerrod doesn't like it- I think it's the fabric. I like the fabric, but I don't know if I love it and I think I have a lot going on in the room. Give me your honest feedback. You won't hurt my feelings...I promise. I am already considering sending it back just because Jerrod doesn't like it!

Here are some pictures of the bench in our house. I tried to take several angles of the bench in the house so that you can see how it looks.

Give us your opinion on the poll on the right side of the blog!

4 comments:

Unknown said...

Hmmmmm....tough call. I like it and I think the pattern would grow on me, but I'm not sure that porportion wise it matches the sofa. It looks small. But, I agree with you about the coffee table bit. But, by the time you can have one again, you'll have grandchildren nicking it up! HA!

I'm no help and God definitely didn't give me the interior decorator gene.

Karen said...

I LOVE the idea of a bench ... very good idea about having something to prop your feet up with, etc. I hate to say one way or another without seeing it in person. I know with people using it and kids around, it will be in different positions and may end up staying pushed up next to the sofa more. I would also have to see what alternatives are as far as size, color, etc... this may be the best of anything. I like it, but want to see it in person and also want to see what some of the leather ones look like -- dark leather? light? size?

Shannon said...

I love the idea of a bench to sit on and prop your feet on. The size is fine. The color and pattern of the fabric is the problem. It conflicts with your rug and your chair/ottoman sitting across from it. You need a dark, solid colored fabric. I don't think leather would be overkill in your living room as arranged in the pictures, but you need a very dark leather. Remember leather is also VERY durable and easy to clean!

Just my thoughts . . .

It was good seeing you and chatting with you Wednesday! :)

Swan Family said...

I know you already returned it...way behind in my blogging...I love the bench but I would choose one that is bigger. I love trunks...maybe a large trunk?