Tuesday, March 03, 2009

Let's play catch up AGAIN...urghhh

So now another week goes by and no posting. I haven't even had a chance to catch up on my friends blogs (something I love to do) so here I go- trying to catch myself up on all our happenings. I actually did something for myself this past weekend and loved it. My friend Debbie and I went to a scrapbook "retreat" right here in Richmond. I spent the entire previous week getting ready for the event (read: too busy for blogging) by shopping for papers, stickers, and sorting through pictures of JACKSON. Yes, I am 5 years behind on his book. I didn't think getting his book together was possible since I have added another boy in the meantime, but I did get some good pages completed. His book is coming together, but best of all I had some "me" time. Jerrod put me up at the Sugar Land Marriot both nights and I would travel back to the "retreat" once I had gotten some rest. It was so NIIIICCCCEEEE!! I love that hotel. My room was on the 9th floor- concierge- oooh lala- so I even got complimentary breakfasts (and some sort of privacy and security since you had to have a card to get to my floor- super important to me since I was alone) and the breakfast was yummy. Debbie and I tried to get their "waffle recipe" from the chef but with no luck to be had. He was tight lipped BUT I should have been- my trainer would not have liked what she saw this day!! Nonetheless, if you get a chance to eat breakfast there, you should definitely go for it! Yummo, for sure.

It really gives you a new lease on life with 4 kids when you get some time for yourself- I have decided. I hope to be able to do it again VERY soon.

This week has been productive for me (I swear it is because of my "me" time this past weekend) with many projects already completed. Today I had the pleasure of visiting with my Mom and Dad as they came to Sugar Land to visit us. This is a rare occurence even if they do only live 1 hour away so it was good to see them on my doorstep. They were traveling to a big camping rally so we were on the way to do that... My dad was ready to go after an hour and a half, but my mom convinced him to stay until the girls got home from school so he decided to take a nap. They ended up sleeping most of the time, but at least I got to see them. My dad did well and didn't slip off into a political tyrade or anything...I was most impressed. This visit was a good one and I happy we got to see them even if it was only for a short time. My Dad took these pictures of Teague at lunch time.The majority of the day was spent outside since it was oh soo beautiful. I love living in Houston during this time of year...absolutely stunning day to spend outside. Teague literally spent the entire day outside (other than nap time) and so did Lucy. That's where little boys need to be- I have decided. Outside playing and running and goofing off. In our backyard, that means playing in the rocks and sitting in cars and scooting around on the driveway. There is also some running that involves Lucy chasing the boys. So cute...she is usually ready for a nap shortly after!! (Lucy is weighing 3.4 lbs. now!) I got a phone call this afternoon and all the kids thought it was the perfect time to get a snack (I was distracted- you KNOW how they do that). They all picked out a chocolate pudding- even Teague. By the time I got to him, he was wearing most of it (for some reason Lucy kept chasing him around...hmmmm, I wonder why?) and his hands were even covered with pudding. Look closely. I have explained how my afternoons go before so further explanation shouldn't be necessary...busy. This evening as I was cleaning the driveway with the kids and getting them inside for the day- and I realized that I never did wipe Teague off or get him cleaned up. I found him looking like this. Jerrod started laughing when he saw him and that's when I said, "I was an especially good mother today. I took such good care of your children. Aren't you proud of your littlest?". We got a good laugh. Look closer this time for the missing shoe!! And yes, it's still missing...

2 comments:

The Richards Family said...

Girl I have been wondering where you were and how your weekend was.. Man I wonder if I can get Jess to get me the key to the 9th floor for me time.. You kids are precious!!

Karen said...

OH BOY!!! I can't wait to keep them... hope the weather cooperates! I love, love, love the pictures. Glad your dad got some of Teague.. he's grown up so much just since Christmas!