Tuesday, March 10, 2009

Bailey's first softball game

Bailey and her team (the Cougars) have been practicing and practicing to get ready for their first season game. It was an especially important game since she was playing a friend on the opposing team that is a rival and there has been some rousing going at school before this night's game. She is playing 2nd base right now and here she is "ready" to field whatever comes her way :)Obviously, I had my camera. I sat there and waited to get the perfect shot. This photo is one that I took probably a dozen waiting for her to hit the ball so that I could catch it in a photo. What do you know, but Teague starts yelling, "mama, mama, mama to Jerrod" (he's one of the coach's so distractions are not good and never mind the fact that he was calling him MAMA!!) and so I put down the camera to tend to him. Bailey wails on the ball and it goes into center field. She got to second base before I even realized she had hit the ball...go figure!! Tis' my life!!
Unfortunately, they lost this game. It is just the beginning of the season and I see these girls really becoming a competitive team!! good job, Bailey!

No comments: