Friday, March 27, 2009

got it right and then kinda wrong and then REALLY wrong

I swear. I amaze myself. Jackson's Rodeo day is finally here and I finally get it right. I laid out his clothes last night and once again had the long discussion about how much fun he was going to have the next day with the special snack (I was supposed to provide the ground beef for Chili). Only this time, he didn't complain. After all, he had heard it all before and knew what to expect. Good kid, huh??! We got up this morning and were off like gangbusters. I had to provide a dish for my MOPS meeting so I was cooking cinnamon rolls for the gals. I also made a yummy dip from WildTree- lemon cheescake dip. Jerrod was busy getting the kids off to school and then himself off to work. He was nice enough to take Jackson to school for me so that I could concentrate on the food, myself and Teague and get there early to help set up. I never had a chance to eat myself (Ann, my trainer, wants me to start eating meat and veggies only to see if it makes a difference in my weight loss) because I didn't have time to make eggs and couldn't find anything fast that I could get away with eating.

A hint of things aren't right.....
1. Jerrod calls to tell me that Jackson was the only one without a lunch at school as I am running out the door to MOPS.

2. I call the school to confirm on the way and yes, Jackson needs a lunch for school. It seems that I got it all wrong and the chili was going to be a "taste". I told them I would pick up Jackson from school early and bring him home for lunch.

3. I go to MOPS and everything goes great only there wasn't anything that I could eat. MOPS lets out at 12:15 p.m. and we had a great speaker, but I had to leave early to get Jackson. I'm thinking I'll eat when I pick up Jackson.

4. I am off to get Jackson and super hungry (read: starving) by now. Bummer.

Starting to get worse...
5. I head home from Jackson's school (starving) and of course, get stopped by a train on FM 762. The lights blink so that it becomes a four way stop and I am about 7 back. By the time it gets to me to go- I go- but the lights had stopped blinking so I am out in the middle of the intersection with cars coming at me. To put it bluntly, I ran a red light. Bummer.

6. I head down a little further and of course, the train is going the same direction as me so I get stopped again. Bummer.

7. I do the same thing AGAIN- ran another red light. Yes, the cars around me must be looking at my vehicle and thinking that dumb blonde...oh come on, you know they were using only CHOICE words for me! Major bummer.

8. I round out my trip home by getting off 762 and heading home on 59N. Alleluia...alleluia...still starving but now thinking about cheeseburgers, french fries, and all things evil. Bummer.


Starts going downhill and way SOUTH all at once...
9. I realize that Jerrod's truck is acting funny and look down to see the gas tank on E. Seriously, empty. I start thinking, "this cannot be happening, really? OUT of gas?".
10. I called everyone to help, but finally reached my DEAR friend Ginger. She was just leaving H-E-B and could get right to their gas station to get me some gas.

11. She shows up but only our AGGIE education showed. We couldn't figure out how to put together the gas tank all while 18 wheelers were barreling by us with our precious children in the car! It must have been nerves...

12. I get in the car to calm down my hungry boys and give them what they looked at as THEIR last meal...Wheat thins.
13. I gave up on the assembly of the gas tank and put the funnel in the truck and just poured the gas into the tank...darn t-sips must have created that gas can!!

14. We are off...

15. I could have eaten my arm, a finger or anything at this point so I resorted to the wheat thins too. They were delish...but not as good as the left over cinnamon rolls from MOPS. Major bummer.

16. I ate and ate and ate wheat thins and cinnamon rolls until I made myself sick. I was seriously ill from the sweet sugar and the carbs. I had such a headache and an even BIGGER guilty conscious. Biggo bummer.

I am going to sleep so good tonight and figure out how to explain this to Ann, my trainer.

2 comments:

Karen said...

I'm sorry you made yourself sick, but I had to laugh and laugh... again, I'm sorry. The pictures of the boys didn't help. Jackson looks like such a happy-camper and Teague is crying (or screaming)! Claire, you are so good at writing. I can actually "see" what's happening! Love it and thanks.

Unknown said...

Why is it that men will drive a car to empty! I just don't understand that. Stephen does it all the time and then I end up late to something because I HAD to get gas! Ugh!

Sorry it was such a bummer of a day and I wish you had gotten through to me!