Sunday, February 22, 2009

Let's play catch up...

I am so behind on blogging. I have been well....overwhelmed with a lot of things lately. Primarily the kids, but house stuff too. It seems ultra busy and I sure hope it isn't a sign of what is to come. With the ages of our kids, everyone keeps telling us that we will start to get busy. I ask, "Busier than NOW?". If so, I am scared.

Sometimes I feel like I just write the same things ALL the time. My friend
Becky says, "she doesn't have anything Christmas like to write about". That's the way I would describe it. On top of that, I found out this week that after 6 weeks of meeting with a weight trainer 3 days a week and cardio 3 times a week I have lost a WHOPPING .75 pound. Yes, not even a pound. I have majorly changed my eating habits, too! I don't get it, but I will push forward with it.

I just don't want to let this blog go. I am enjoying the idea of publishing the blog entries into a book (
http://www.blurb.com/ will slurp all entries) and make it as a sort of diary of our everyday happenings. That's why sometimes you probably read this and say, "why did she say that?"- it's because it may be a small thing now, but in the years to come my children will cherish all the small things and the everyday events. I'll print my blurb book 4 times and VOILA- they have a memory book.

Let's get caught up on our happenings.

Anyway, I got some great pictures of Teague's new best friend this week. Lucy (yes, you helped to name her...her name was chosen by 66% of the people that voted) have been having a grand time playing together outside everyday. Lucy discovered someone close to her same size so she is constantly going to find Teague. He thinks she is pretty cute until she gets right up close to him (read: in his face) or when she decides she wants to use his as a toy. You must see the picture to understand this one.
So cute. She also
went to the vet this week for the first time and she got a clean bill of health- all 2.8 lbs. of her.




















My absolute favorite picture of all of them...
We ran, ran, ran a lot this week. On Thursday we did our usual, gymnastics with Jeremy and all the boys (man, that is fun for Jackson- not only does he enjoy Jeremy his coach, but now he has 3 other boys in the class!!) and then we headed to speech for Jackson. He doesn't ever want to go, but he is such a compliant client. His therapist always comments on how he would love to have about 39 more Jackson's to make up his 40 hour a week speech sessions. He always comments on how he knows that Jackson probably doesn't like doing the things he asks him to do, but somehow Jackson never complains and just does it! I sure hope that continues as he enters Kindergarten next year. Of course, I always tell his therapist that Jackson is the same at home...a perfect little "almost" 5 year old that obeys our every command. hehehe

Friday was a special treat for Teague. We met some friends again at Sugar Creek Baptist for a play date in the AM at their playscape. He just goes wacky for everything! Up and down and around again...then all over again. He loves the slides and loves to climb on everything. They have these little stumps they can climb on and he tries very hard to stay on top of them. We had plans to go and eat at Luby's (my new favorite hang out) afterwards. Some of my friends have never eaten there (I say, you have to be kidding me) and they think it is so funny that I like to go their with the kids. They have heard me talk about it and they want to go and try it...like it's an amusement park or something!! I told them there are a lot of gray hairs there, but we make it young and hip when we walk in. So that was our plan. The boys had other ideas as they were all cranky at the end of the playdate and none of us wanted to brave the line and public eating theatrics with our little ones. But as I was leaving, I got a phone call from my friend Jennifer and she said that her and Kendrick were there waiting on us (smart girl) so I couldn't pass up another meal at my favorite establishment. We enjoyed our lunch and Jenn and I had a chance to catch up on the latest- she had some big news for me that I will share shortly. And no pregnancy...nothing that exciting. Teague had his usual LARGE bowl of mac and cheese and of course, his red jello. Yummy!

Our Brownie troop had a booth in the neighborhood at the Recreation Center on Saturday morning. Can I tell you that we sold 507 boxes of cookies....yes, close to $1700.00 worth of COOKIES!! We couldn't believe it and the Moms (I mean girls) were super excited about it. We all jumped up and down for joy (as the girls played in the sand and with rolly polly bugs)!! Later on Emma went to play with her friend, Hannah for the day. She ended up sleeping at her house so Bailey wanted to have a few friends over to play. She asked Erin and Caroline and they of course, jumped all over it. They had it all planned out...they were going to make a video of a "play" they came up with. Bailey was the nerd, Erin was the "popular" girl, and Caroline was the gangster "homey". Here's what they looked like:

















Today is a stunner so after church, we went to a new place. We went to the Farmer's Market on FM 762 in Richmond. My friend Debbie has told me about this place and how her and her husband like to go out there and shop. There were lots of ornament iron pieces and a flare for "texas" decorating...all things leather, studded pieces of furniture, western art- you name it- they had it. All kinds of iron gates, big stars, garden things and the floral arrangements were awesome too. I may have to go back out there sans kiddos and grab me one. I'll post some pictures so you can see this place- it is really a gem. You must go and check it out...when the weather is right! As usual, the camera was in tow and I was able to get some great photos of the kids. Enjoy! BTW- for those of you that live in the area- this right past the Swingin' Door restaurant past Pecan Grove area.

































My favorite picture...even if the toot isn't looking. You may see one of these on the blog page as my photo. My friend, Stacey, told me about a photography 1 day class and so we might go. We both want to be able to take pictures of our kiddos...OURSELVES! No more paying high prices for photography! Anyway, there are great props out there even if you don't want to shop. Check out that sky...and that's no PHOTOSHOP!! Absolutely stunning day!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Those pics are great, especially the ones with Lucy and Teague! Priceless!

Swan Family said...

I love the photos and I'm still thinking about ya! I started my book on blurb....thanks for the info last week!! I'm totally excited!!

Lani said...

I just randomly pooped over here from the meanest mom... just wanted to say I love your header photo! You have such beautiful kids!