Wednesday, February 11, 2009

Playing with friends

Jackson, Teague and I had fun today by meeting Colby and Debbie Templin at Stomping Grounds. This was the first time for us to meet the Templins there and it was a treat. Colby is Debbie's fourth child so we have our hands full with kids and activities and we rarely get a chance to chat as adults. We do some talking on the phone, but it's usually about kids, etc. so this outing gave us a chance to talk about vacations, family and all sorts of other topics. Unfortunately, I did have to chase Teague quite a bit so our conversations were a little disrupted. Like usual, he was interested in other people's food, the hallway leading to the bathroom...icky, and the party rooms. He even found a buckle to play with on the highchair. I kept one eye on him the whole time and Jackson did some helping too. He would tell me what Teague was doing inside the play area and make sure he was safe. Kerplunk!It was fun for me (I so enjoy Debbie) and especially fun for Jackson since he always wants a friend to play with!!

After we left there, we went to get some good grub! We went to Lupe Tortilla's and the kids got to play in the sand box and we got to enjoy some mexican food. Jerrod doesn't like Lupe's (I know...crazy) so it made this lunch special- and super yummy! We finished up the meal allowing the kids to get a popsicle. Teague was included and he enjoyed it immensely...with rice and bean and all!! He kept dipping the ice cream in the rice and beans and then eating it, yummo and super cute!! I literally had to strip him of his clothes and give him a semi-bath with wipes before I put him in the car to come home. His tummy was full and he was ready for a nice, warm bed. It was a fun day for my boys and for me.
Debbie and Colby.
Ice cream with beans and rice, yummy!
My boys!