Tuesday, February 10, 2009

I don't know what to call this one...I am tired.

Every so often, I get tired. Really tired. I am so really tired right now. This happens to me every 6 months or so. I get upset and frustrated with how things are going in the house and I start to vent and get overly hyper about how I don't like this and that...

Yes, the type of tired where you want to sleep all the time. I seriously could crawl in bed all day these days. It is especially bad when I have been running around early in the morning (typically after a work out) and I haven't had a chance to shower. Those are the worst days for me. They are bad because I really don't want to see anyone...another perfect excuse to crawl in bed.


So lately, I have been making a sincere effort to come home from my workout (geez...around 6:45 am!) and get started for the day with a hot shower and makeup soon follows. I know myself and I KNOW that I have to get "ready" for the day or I am doomed. Well, right now, I am still seeing no changes in my will to sleep.


I am also very tired of certain "things" that surround me. I feel selfish, but I am being honest.


1) I am ultra tired of cleaning the high chair. I swear, I clean that thing 6 times a day. It is clearly not Teague's fault that it is dirty (I know he is learning), but I am tired of cleaning the trays and the seat and oh, the seatbelts! Those are nasty. I have to get a screwdriver out to take them off the high chair to clean them and they are so frustrating. It only takes one or two times in the chair for them to seriously need a cleaning... Plus, it's big and bulky and frankly, just annoying. I am so tired of it.


2) I am tired of competing with my older kids for time after school. It may sound crazy, but I want my kids to finish their homework before they go and play after school. I really don't even think they should play EVERYDAY after school. I think time at home to play with siblings, play games, do crafts, play in their room and just spend time together is so important. I really like my kids. I get so tired of them running in the door after school to do homework, their chores and then they are dying to get out of the house to play with friends. I am all about staying active, but my goodness...can't they find something to do here??! With me?


3) I am tired of whiny kids. I am tired of Jackson asking for candy or a popsicle right after breakfast. When I tell him no, he whines (and having GS cookies all over the house does nothing to help). I am tired of Emma whining when I tell her to do her chores. She knows she has to do them, but she whines. So annoying. I am tired of Bailey acting so "put out" when I ask her to do anything. Her hormones must be setting in. I feel like I have a crew full of "employees" that feel "entitled" to a pay check...for nothing. I do soooo much for them...they haven't a clue. So, so, so annoying and it makes me tired.

4) I am tired of not having ANY sacred space in this house. Even though each of my children have a bedroom and they each have a bathroom (even a sink and big mirror in their room...I would have LOVED this as a child), they still use my bathroom. My drawers are filled with pony tail holders, barrettes, and ribbons for bows. I really wouldn't be bothered by this, but so often- I can't find my things. I cannot count the amount of headbands I have purchased that have disappeared or were broken or missing brushes...and I can promise you that I did not lose them. The same goes for the computer. The kids have a computer, but they don't use that one. They use our computer in OUR office or our new notebook computer. I do not have a space that is mine. I am tired of that.

5) I am tired of laundry. Enough said.

6) I am tired of driving a dump truck everyday. Our suburban is filthy. I am so tired of getting into it and looking in the back to see piles and piles of trash, food tossed on the floor, moldy sippy cups, shoes, jackets, etc. EVERYWHERE!! The sad thing, I make the kids clean the car all the time. It doesn't take a day or so to get it dirty again... I have my hands full with Teague when I get out of the car so I don't have the hands to grab extra stuff. I also don't have the brain power to remind everyone to grab their things. I am tired of having to remember everything and tired of trying to keep the suburban cleaned.

I could go on and on, but I am tired of talking about everything that I am tired of.

2 comments:

Swan Family said...

I know how you feel! And I love your honesty!! I feel the same way most of the time but I've slowly been getting better. I mean slowly! It's hard, I'm not going to lie and for any one who says different, well sista they're lying. lol It's okay to have days like this. I'll be praying for you!!! I appreciate your honesty because it makes me feel better that I'm not alone! haha

Unknown said...

Ugh! I just posted a long comment and it didn't post! Let's suffice it to say that I hear ya sister! Let's get together next week sometime!