Wednesday, February 04, 2009

I think I have!

I really think I must have lost my mind. I am actually contemplating getting a puppy!! Scary, huh??!

I went to Cassie's birthday party (my neice- already 7 years old!!) on Saturday with Emma, Jackson and Teague in Clear Lake. Cassie's Aunt Debbie brought a dog to the party and it was PRECIOUS!! Jerrod and I had a shih tzu BK (before kids) and absolutely loved Branson. He was our baby and definitely prepared us for babies- at least the "taking care of someone else" part, but I developed allergies to him and so we had a family member that wanted him so we let him go and live with them. Anyway, Debbie's dog is part shih tzu and part maltese and hypo-allergenic- called a malshi. I didn't even know such a thing existed- but I held the puppy and no allergies ensued. I was so happy.


Our poor children are animal deprived. We have tried to have fish, but would find most of them dead over a period of time. Not sure what we did wrong, but not a good thing. The kids had resolved to the fact that they would be without animals for most of their life and Emma is CRAZy for dogs. Poor kids. I always hear them telling their friends that their loser parents- oh I mean, mom and dad are allergic to dogs so they can't have one... The facial expressions and all are typically there. Ya know, sunken shoulders and the head hanging down?

So I came home from the birthday party and was talking about this dog to Jerrod and Bailey...you would have thought I told Bailey they were getting a dog or something. She went NUTSO! Since then, she got them all excited and now that's all they talk about and I must admit, I am pretty smitten with the idea myself. I have been checking online for potential puppies in the area and all.



Everyone I tell says, "Have you lost your mind???!". I think I have.



The funny thing is that Jerrod has been telling the kids they are NOT getting a dog because they don't take care of their things and he just knows that a dog will be the same way.



So it's Wednesday night and Jerrod and I were just laughing about how this has become such a crazy idea. It is just hilarious how the kids are acting. The girls room has NEVER been cleaner- I am serious. I woke up yesterday morning to the laundry already started- seriously- and it wasn't Jerrod. Bailey and Emma are just doing anything they can to let Jerrod and I know that they are ready. I even overheard Emma tell Jackson to clean up his mess or we wouldn't get a dog. When he didn't jump right on it, she went on to tell him that IF we got a dog, it would just be hers and Bailey's and that got him moving. You should have seen his face!!



We have told the kids that when we see a change in their "responsibilities" that we may consider a dog. At the rate things are going (I love the help...), we may get the dog this Christmas. Hey, I want to take advantage of ALL the help I can get so WHATEVER it takes. Never the less, I do think I'll need help finding my brain sometime soon. :)



Here's what we are looking to get:

2 comments:

Swan Family said...

I don't think you've lost your mind. We have two toy rat terriers and they are so much fun. The kids love them, hug them, squeeze them, dress them up yes they are cornered by Ande and she puts clothes on them. Sometimes I think they want to escape my house!! Having a dog is a lot of work but we love it! I hope you find what you're looking for!

Unknown said...

They are cute. ANd, if I were to see responsibility in the olders, I guess I'd do it too. You aren't that crazy.