Friday, May 29, 2009

Our first Mock Swim Meet



We had our first mock swim meet tonight. This is a perfect opportunity for the team to see who is swimming strong in the particular strokes and a closer look at times. The times help the coaches set the line ups for the "heats" and allows him to put together relay teams.

We always have a good time at meets. They are HOT, HOT, HOT, but so much fun for the kids and the adults have a pretty good time themselves. It's where we get our social "fix" for the first 6 weeks of the summer and where a lot of good times are had.
















Even though this meet wasn't for real, it was still a load of fun. It was Jackson's first experience at "racing" in the pool and he took to it...he thought it was fun. Here he is heading out to his first race!





Check out his dive... LOVE this picture!

And he's still smiling! It went well...he didn't even hang on the ropes in the middle.

The girls had a good time hanging out with their friends and both of them did well on their times! Emma got first place several times and Bailey did too. As much as we are happy for them, I don't think they really care and we certainly don't care what place they come in...I just want them to have fun and try their hardest!

But more importantly....HAVE FUN!





Here is Emma doing the butterfly stroke. I was her lane "timer" so she smiled at me the whole way down the lane! I think she liked us screaming, "faster!".

1 comment:

Swan Family said...

How exciting! Makes me think of what me and my sister did when we were little!