Friday, May 01, 2009

a LOT of surprises on our first day at Disneyworld

We started out our morning right today for our first day at Disneyworld. We grabbed a quick breakfast after we slept in and then headed to Magic Kingdom. We didn't know what to expect with Teague, but when we got to the park, the "Celebration" show was going on at the castle. We stood there for a few minutes just to see what he thought and he LOVED it!! He couldn't take his eyes off the characters and kept looking back and forth clapping his hands. We couldn't believe it...We rode the Buzz Lightyear ride and took our picture with him too and then walked over to the giftshop to do a little shopping for the kids (hats and sunscreen for all of us). We got over to Mickey and Minnie's house when I realized that I had left my iphone at the first ride.





Jerrod took the older kids to ride the Barnstormer at Goofy's Wiseacre Farm while Teague and I ran over to the ride to see if the phone had been turned in. No luck!! I don't know what I am going to do without my phone...seriously.

Teague and I went back to the room for a snooze. Jerrod and the kids went to ride Splash Mountain, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad and several others that we knew Teague couldn't ride. We planned to meet everyone else for dinner at the Crystal Palace where we ate dinner with Tigger, Pooh, Eeyore and Piglet. Again, Teague did not know what to do with himself. He was so confused and surprised all at the same time!! Here are some pictures of the kids riding rides that Jerrod took for me:
Teague didn't know what to do...



Pooh gave Teague a kiss, but he wouldn't give one back- that is, until he walked away!!




After dinner, we rode the carousel, the Pooh ride, and we thought we would TRY Philarmagic with Teague. You have to wear glasses and we thought that there was no way he would do it...




but he did!! He wore them the entire time! Once again, I was totally shocked how well he did with everything!!


We thought we would go home and get bathes and get onto bed, but we saw a bench right on the path out of the park just calling our name. We ended up sticking around and seeing the fireworks. They really are special and I was able to get some great pictures of them.
The biggest surprise of all??!! This leash. I must say that Jerrod made fun of me for purchasing a "leash" for Teague for this trip. HE and I both love that little leash- it is awesome because it allows him to walk and feel some independence but keeps him close by and out of trouble!! We have a new leash on life at Disney! What a great day full of all kinds of surprises!

1 comment:

Swan Family said...

I love the fire works!