Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Jackson is going to Kindergarten!

I really can't believe that this was Jackson's last day at Shady Oak Christian School. That means that my boy is heading to Kindergarten at Campbell in August!! No way.

He did great this year. He made a lot of friends: Alex Arlott, Alex Runyan and Joshua Segal. He was friends with the girls, but he didn' t play with them - when I would ask if he played with the girls, he would say "ewwww"!! Already??! Really?? These are some of Jackson's friends:
Here are Jackson and his friends making plans for the summer:
Ms. Weidemayer, Jackson and Alex Arlott.
Alex Arlott (again), Ms. Strode and Jackson.
Jackson favorite tree house at Shady. He loved to play "super heroes" here. I heard all about it everyday on the way home.
I have mixed feelings about Jackson going to Kindergarten. While I am excited that he will be joining his sisters at Campbell Elementary (Bailey in 5th, Emma in 3rd), I am sad to see him grow up and go to "real" school. I know he will do great, but I will sure miss him during the day. I'll miss hearing him playing super heroes, asking me lots of questions, going shopping at HEB/Walmart/Target and looking at the toys and buying little treats here and there. Jackson has been such a pleasure to have home the last 5 years and I will miss him!! I will definitely be attending the "boo hoo" breakfast that the PTA hosts each year for all the Kindergarten Moms on the first day...

No comments: