Monday, August 24, 2009

I can't believe I've got three going to school now!

My angels the first day of school! All SMILES!
Bailey held Jackson's hand the entire way to his classroom. She might as well pushed me out of the way- she was determined to make him feel comfortable and frankly, she is proud of her school and HER BROTHER!!
When we got into Jackson's classroom, he found his snack box immediately and placed his snack inside. He also took out his water bottle and went to find his desk. Not one TEAR! Ms. Janacek gave him a big hug as we were leaving...
and then, this is how we left him- smiling and all ready to get to work. Not ONE tear for Jackson or me. I really think I would have had a harder time with it, but I am certain that Ms. Janacek is the best fit for Jackson. She is gentle, loving and firm- but more importantly, a great teacher with a great reputation.

Here is Emma with her homeroom teacher, Ms. Balogh. Her switch teacher is Ms. Garza so she is excited about getting her things and switching classrooms everyday. I can't believe that Emma is going to be responsible for an agenda (a right of passage for 3rd graders) and go to more than one teacher. It just doesn't seem possible that she is really 8 years old!!

Here is Bailey with her homeroom teacher, Ms. Downey. Her other teachers are Ms. Gresham and Ms. Kopps. We have been praying for Ms. Downey for several years. Bailey really wanted her in 4th grade, but didn't get her. When I heard she was going to 5th grade to teach, I told Bailey and she got her hopes up again.

Julie (Ms. Downey) and I have been friends for years. I met her right when we moved to Greatwood and we have been in several Bible studies together and even been on a trip to shop at Canton together for a girls weekend. I know her ethics and her morals and happen to know that she is really a great teacher...her reputation is incredible! Bailey told me that she wants to make straight A's this year- I am super excited about that and I know she can.

After school, I waited patiently for the bus to arrive with my precious cargo. They all came back smiling...and sweaty. Jackson has recess right before he goes home and then he promptly noted, "that bus has no cold air on it!".
Everyone had a great first day. Jackson was all smiles. When I asked him what he liked the most- he said, "playing with Colby on the playground"- some things don't change, I see. I asked him about Ms. Janacek too. He said, "Mommy, I think she likes me" and of course, I said, "I bet you are her favorite," and he replied, "I know!". So matter of fact and sure of himself. LOVE the attitude.

1 comment:

Karen said...

Thank you so much for the post. I love reading all about what happens with all of you. I'm very excited about the kids' school year! This is great, Claire.