Sunday, August 09, 2009

A bunch of "news"

We tried out a new church this morning! We went to Holy Ghost Lutheran Church where Teague RAN into the nursery (overly ready to play) and we enjoyed the service. It was a great message that I should stamp on my hand and heart- let God have your worries...

We had lunch, hung out at home, watched TV and the kids played video games here and there. I even got a nap! Once the sun started going down, we decided to take a bike ride around our neighborhood. I packed up Teague and Jackson in the caboose and attached it to the back of my bike and had so much fun. Emma found a super steep drive way at Angels above the Creek just a few blocks away so we spent some time going down it individually- really FAST and FUN! Jackson and Teague even held up their arms as if they were going on a roller coaster. Remember? it doesn't take much to entertain them??!

Later this evening, we went over to our neighbors so that the husband's could meet finally and the kids could play. I am sure they were beginning to wonder if I really did have a husband...especially with the last name Smith. :) As usual, Leslie and Kevin were great hosts. We even got to meet Leslie's sister, her daughter and her parents! The kids swam and the adults just talked and got to know each other. At the end of the evening, the kids made their favorite- SMORES- in the fire pit! Yummo!
Leslie was in charge of passing out marshmallows, crackers and the chocolate. I seriously think Teague ate his weight in chocolate...he could not get enough!
Lauren is a pro at marshmallow roasting so she had a few things to teach Bailey.This is delish!! I agree!! This is number 3 for me!