Saturday, August 08, 2009

Buc-ee's

This week we decided that we didn't want to make the trek to Florida so we decided to back out of our reservation. We talked about it and really just wanted to go to Fredericksburg and spend a week doing a whole lot of nothing. We decided to go after the girls got back from the Friday night birthday parties they were invited to- they just could NOT miss them! We have priorities, you see.

We packed up this morning and headed to the hill country for some relaxation. This is a real treat for me...Jerrod spending the week with us without work- yippee!

Jackson was of course thrilled to get to Fbg since the Wii is located there (and his new friend Grayson) and the girls were pretty excited as well. But I must say...the BIGGEST excitement was
Buc-ee's on I-10. The kids were begging to stop there. I tell you- it was as if we were going to an amusement park. I guess it just doesn't take much to entertain the Smith kids. It certainly helps since you KNOW I am using it to my advantage on the way- "if you do this...we'll stop, etc."
Whatever works. It was packed and took me nearly 5 minutes to find a parking spot. Crazy. I even took a picture. Who can say they have whipped out their camera at the filling station? Not many.

Did I mention that the bathrooms are AWESOME? The kids loved those too. :)

No comments: