Friday, August 21, 2009

Happy birthday baby boy and finally, we get to see the Legers!

We started this morning by going to meet our teachers for the 09-10 school year. Bailey got Ms. Downey, Emma got Ms. Baylogh and Ms. Garza and Jackson got Ms. Janacek. We are thrilled with all the teachers they got and are looking forward to all this year has in store for us. Jackson was chomping at the bit to get to Campbell to see his classroom and meet his teacher. The girls had so much fun showing him around and introducing him to everything. Here he is sitting in his VERY first desk in Kindergarten! He was able to find his name and take a seat! It's going to be great :)
Afterwards, we headed to Houston so that we could finally see the Leger's. Alisha and I taught together at Purple Sage Elementary in Galena Park in the late 90's. We both wanted to stop teaching after we had our first baby. I did quit teaching elementary school but thought I would do some teaching at night at the college level. I applied for a position at San Jacinto College and got a full time teaching job out of it. Alisha stayed home with her boy, Austen and she kept Bailey for me until she turned one.

I just love Alisha to death. I cannot tell you how different we are- she home schools, I don't- she is a terrific money manager, I am not- she is content at home always, I am not- really, we are so different. She is the BEST listener I have ever met and knows just what to say when I need to talk. She is a jewel! Our differences, I believe, are what makes us such fantastic friends.

Over the past 10 years, we have remained close and seriously, we have tried to get together all summer long. It's been one thing or another- we are busy and so are they. Last summer, we got together on Teague's birthday too. She made hot dogs for lunch and I brought over a boxed brownie mix to make for Teague's birthday cake. Austen, Bailey and Emma played rock band and Jackson and Teague played in Austen's room most of the day. They were in boy HEAVEN for sure. Look at all this good stuff to get into....
We took a break and swam for a short time. Bailey and Austen practiced strokes and timed each other. I was so funny to see them take their swimming abilities so seriously.
Jackson, Emma and Teague played on the play set.
We sang happy birthday to Teague and all enjoyed the brownies. Yummy!
When we were ready to go home, this is what we came into. I think Teague had pulled every single toy off the shelf! Alisha and I quickly picked it up and made the room all better. I had to take Teague out of the house kicking and screaming. None of us wanted to leave. We had so much fun hanging with Austen and Alisha and hope they will have us back sometime soon (considering the mess we made!).

No comments: