Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Spontaneous Fun

Teague slept in this morning so I knew a good day was to be had. I had a room parent meeting first off and then an eye appointment immediately afterwards and both boys were in tow. They did great at both. I was feeling spontaneous so I headed to Memorial City Mall so that I could buy some lotion for my face at Macy's or Dillard's. We went into Macy's to get what I needed and headed for the food court to have lunch. Jackson was beside himself that he was going to get McDonald's (what do they put in their food that makes kids crazy for it??!) and so that is where we landed. I slipped into Chick Fil A very quickly for me and Teague and found the perfect table for us to hang out at. Both boys ate great and Jackson noticed a very large carousel at the edge of the food court. Yes, a carousel!! It was beautiful and called our name. We walked over there and I had to DIG for coins to buy each of the boys a token. In the process, I spilled my sweet tea and dropped a small bag of fries that I planned on using to lengthen my time at the mall. We left a trail of goodies, for sure. Like usual, we made it known that "the Smith's" were there...and of course, I was the CRAZY lady with a camera taking pictures of it all!! Anyway, the ride was great as you can see from the smiles I received. I knew it was time for a nap for Teague, but naps just had to wait...this time!!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Love that mall! I guess you didn't make it to that playground. For another time...maybe we could go together one day.

Swan Family said...

I those kind of days!!!!!!! I have not been to that mall since Ande was six months old!! Can you believe that!