Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Caring for others

Emma woke up this morning in perfect form. She woke up and took care of herself (got dressed, brushed teeth, ate breakfast, packed up her homework, and put on her shoes- if you know Emma- this is an accomplishment) and even started the day by taking care of her sister. You see, Bailey wasn't feeling well. She looked really tired and she wasn't her typcial cheerful self. She took one look at her breakfast and then looked at me and said, "I don't feel good". I know when Bailey doesn't feel good and this morning was one of those days. She went straight up to get back in bed- but Emma was who I noticed. She seemed so worried about Bailey. She was quiet and you could tell she was thinking about the situation. On the way to school, she told me that she wanted Bailey to feel better and that she was going to miss her on the bus on the way home. AWWWW!

Bailey did sleep and felt somewhat better when she woke up. I think she enjoyed being home with her brothers today. She followed them into the bathroom after they finished their shower and played with them. She got a cute picture of Teague- she was so proud of this picture- and she couldn't believe how big and BLUE his eyes are!!
When Emma got home, she came straight in to check on Bailey and even offered to make her dinner for her when the time came. Bailey wanted soup and a large glass of water and Emma got right on it. She got the soup ready and when I tried to open the microwave door for her- she stopped me. She wanted to do it herself!! She didn't want any help from me. She quickly got Bailey a tray to put her soup on, a spoon and even went outside in the garage to grab her a TV tray. She didn't want Bailey to have to get off the couch to come and eat. AWWWW!

Then, she took to Teague who had already eaten and was beginning to whine from lack of attention. She spent a few minutes digging in a drawer in the kitchen looking for a straw for Bailey's glass and found a "binky" for Teague (yes, she got distracted). She thought it would be so cute to give it to him and see what he would do. He took it!!! Upside down, but none the less- he took it! We were shocked!


I also have one more thing to report on. I have been trying (well, not that hard) to get Teague off the bottle. I had to leave town when he was 10 months old to get him to take the bottle (my poor MIL) and ever since he started taking it, he loves it! He says, "BA BA BA" and I hate to say this, but I love it. What I don't love is cleaning the bottles. I only have a few so cleaning happens several times a day...I am tired of that. My baby is growing up- I think this is also part of the reason I don't want him to get off the bottle. It's so hard because he is DEFINITELY my last baby. Tonight, I put him to bed without a bottle and he didn't even fuss. I think he's ready...even if I'm not. This report is good for him and me.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Those are some big beautiful blue eyes! You have some sweet girls! That is what family is all about!