Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Big boys and mac and cheese- YUMMY!

This morning wasn't a good morning. Teague woke up early (6:00ish and fussy about changing his diaper- totally normal for him) and Jerrod was out of town last night so I had morning duties. Ya know how sometimes you wake up and you have a bad attitude about the day? It happens typically when I have no REAL plans for the day and I guess, I think I am just going to hang around the house and clean. How boring! I don't know, but I hate those kind of days. We had a company coming over to work on organizing the garage so I did need to be near by in case they had questions. Eventually, I HAD to get out of the house so Jackson, Teague and I went to drop off laundry and the bank to deposit some money- whoo hoo, right??! As I was leaving the bank, Teague starting crying and screaming (not unusual, just annoying!) so we decided to stop in at Luby's to grab a bite to eat. They were just opening so we even had to wait a few minutes before we could go through the line. Teague, of course, screamed and wanted to eat right then. We got our food (I was juggling a tray full of food and a tall glass of tea and trying to push a rolling high chair) and headed to the table with a little bit of help from the ladies that work there. Just as we were sitting down to eat, (and Teague was grabbing at food to eat...)Jackson tells me he has to go to the bathroom. He told me he could go by himself since he knew where it was and there weren't many people in the restaurant (and again Teague was needy) so I decided to let him go by himself. I told him to be sure to wash his hands and assumed that I would need to follow him in there afterwards to help him reach the soap and sink, etc. You know what? He came back all fresh and ready to eat! I think he was gone a whole 3 minutes (mr. speedy) with fresh smelling hands and so GROWN up! I feel silly, but I almost started crying. He could tell that I was so happy for him and of course, I had to ask him, "why do you keep doing this to me? Why do you grow up?". He smiled and said, "I feel like I am already five!". He will be on April 6th!
My big boys:

Teague put every last noodle on the fork...his new obsession. Forks, really?Notice he is double fisted...green jello is yummy too.
Full tummies make me silly!!Empty trays make Mommy smile!!
This day ended up being a great day. Just when I start to thinking (again) that being a SAHM isn't for me, I have a day like this!! It's funny how God does that! Praise God for these special little men that are in my life. Praise God!! And what a blessing it is to be able to spend this "boring" day with them.

3 comments:

The Richards Family said...

AWESOME>
I haven't taken the boys there to eat, I will have to do that. I use to love lubby's. I love reading your blogs..

Unknown said...

Cute pic of Jackson! It's so tough to let them do things on their own, especially in a public place.

FYI--I have a give-away this week. Check it out!

Swan Family said...

Another friend on mine goes to LuBy's...I really need to try that place out! It's get tough when the little ones want to be big boys! I love the pics!