Saturday, January 24, 2009

Party, Tourney and Motocross

Our weekend was full of fun. Saturday morning Jackson spent time at Cavett's 4th birthday party at Stomping Grounds Playland in Sugar Land. Happy 4th Birthday Cavett! (and thank you Debbie for taking him to the party- Emma still wasn't feeling well) Jackson was full of tall tales when he returned...he really likes that place!!

Jerrod spent his morning playing in a golf tournament at River Bend Country Club in Stafford. He tied for 1st, but in the playoff to determine the only 1st place winner...he became the 2nd place winner!! He had fun and that's all the matters!

I spent the day doing the laundry (remember the pictures?). I didn't finish them completely but I got really close. Tomorrow will be a good day to finish!

Jerrod's company sponsors a team at the AMA Supercross held here in Houston at Reliant Stadium every January. This year was no different so we met my brother Keith, SIL Cindy, nephew Keeton and neice Cassie along with the Quevedo's (Matt, Lisa, Ciara and Kaston) and the Carden's (another family friend of my brothers) tonight. Jerrod's long lost childhood friend David Carr (they recently reconnected) and his wife and daughter met us there too. The company rents out the Tejas suite and really do it up with lots of food and drinks and preferred seating for the event. The majority of the people there (I'd say around 200), we don't even know- they are family and friends of those on the motorcross team. It was nice to know a few faces this year....although we have fun either way!!
Jerrod in his racing shirt- notice Cumberland Distribution in the bottom right corner.
Keith, Cindy, Cassie and Kim's daughter. The family minus Emma (she wasn't feeling well again!).The group...
Lisa, Keeton and Ciara.The kids enjoying cake.Emma spent her time sleeping. I promise, she didn't tell us she felt bad until we got there. I knew something was wrong when all her cousins were there and she didn't want to play. I asked her if she wanted cake and for the first time ever- she said NO! She was sick for sure. I felt so bad for her, but she had no trouble falling asleep with all the noise, laughing and playing going on around her.And the grand finale....Emma took this picture so I give her thanks for cutting off my head!!

No comments: