Sunday, January 18, 2009

Gran Torino

Ashley came in town this weekend so Jerrod and I took full advantage of her (she offered...she needs money!! :) We love her like our own so we did some catching up with her. She brought over the blanket she has been working on for Emma. It was beautiful and she did a fabulous job. I hope she realized how much that means to the girls.
He and I went to dinner on Friday night and then back out again on Saturday night to eat dinner (sooooooo nice to not have to cut anyone's food) and then to see Gran Torino. We were so looking forward to going to see this movie. I have to tell you...I was really disappointed. I am not saying I didn't enjoy the movie, because I did!! I just didn't like it as much as I thought I would. It was a fantastic performance by Clint Eastwood and a great story. It was slow (so slow that Jerrod kept falling asleep)!!
I kept waking him up at the beginning and then, I just stopped. He finally woke himself up and stayed awake and watched the movie with me. I guess what happened for me is that I thought it was about gangs and I thought he was going to be a part of him eliminating them or something. It wasn't like that at all. It was good- it just wasn't GREAT. I say wait until the movie comes out on DVD at the movie store.

No comments: