Friday, November 21, 2008

Wow! More?

Last night we got to see Bailey singing her heart out at her 4th grade program at Campbell. She looked so beautiful and did a great job dancing in front of a large crowd. The Veteran's Day program was very special- there wasn't a dry eye in the building. I am so proud of Bailey and her school for putting on such a great program.



This morning I was blessed to hear a woman speak about a project she has been involved with for the last 25 years. You see, Carolyn Tarver is 71 years young and lost her ONLY son 25 years ago. Of course, she wanted to die herself, but instead of "dying" she decided to "live" her life. She said she would have rather lived 17 years with her son, Stan, than to "die" living without him. So she did. She started Project SMILE in his honor. As she told her story, there wasn't a dry eye in the room. I thought at one point I was going to start making noises while crying. I think Oprah calls it the "ugly cry". Anyway, you know what I am talking about. I couldn't imagine losing 1 of my children- I always tell Jerrod that he would have to bury me too because I just couldn't deal with it. Here Carolyn stands in front of me, spending her time "doing" for others after losing her only son and all in his memory. Awesome! I'll remember this morning for a long time...I am sure of it.

Then, I come home and get the mail. In this mail, I find this letter. I started crying again. How good can one person have it?!! I have it so good.


3 comments:

Swan Family said...

Awesome! I'm so glad Carolyn agreed to come and speak to our MOPS!

Karen said...

Wish we could have seen Bailey's program, I know we would have enjoyed it! And, I agree, Bailey does make a beautiful cowgirl... any kind of girl and she's beautiful! Claire, we appreciate your blog so much and enjoy getting to see the pictures, thank you so much.
Karen.

Caroline said...

I think Emma's letter is so sweet just like she is!!
love,
Caroline Templin