Tuesday, November 04, 2008

Family with six



I cannot tell you how excited I am about starting a family blog. I have been desperately trying to find a way to chronicle our lives for us and for those that we love. We haven't been blessed with the gift of family living close by and sometimes it seems like forever before we get to see them. My parents live in Texas City (about one hour away) and we still have trouble getting that way. We always joke that we see my in- laws more than them and they live in Amarillo, TX about 11 hours away...or about $1500.00 dollars away by plane. It's no fun!

More importantly, I want to do this for my kids. I have always been told that my children will remember the nice vacations we take and all the fun times we have, but they will most likely remember the day to day, in and outs and good (and bad) times at home more clearly. Sometimes I wish otherwise, since our house is crazy at times. It mean crazy! There are doors slamming, kids coming in and out, bribery at best when it's homework or chore time, and just a lot of hooping and hollering'! My two middle children love to PLAY and feed off of one another and have to be separated OFTEN. If I forget to separate them at the dinner table, we usually pay for it...and it's hard to remember everything, everyday! I think you'll hear that a lot.

I am a total type A personality that never stops. I love decorating (decorating kids included), painting, crafts, reading gossip magazines and getting a large sweet tea from Chick Fil A. I am a room mother, a River Pointe Church MOPS member, and a co leader of a great group of Brownie girls. I love spending time at home since it's where I have the most work to do. I am fully aware that my time will come for time alone and boredom and my "paycheck" will be many years away...it's hard to remember everyday and when you are in the thick of it, but it's true. If I can find something to do or see something I'd like to start (this blog...for instance) then I am all over it! My dear friend Jennifer Hill deserves some credit here. She has a 14 month old too (and a 4 year old) and came over after choir practice on Sunday night to help me get started. She is a great mom to her boys (check out her blog and you'll see for yourself) and the inspirational friend we all need. I am blessed with many great mommy friends and adore each of them. I am always on the lookout for ways to connect with other moms as I go through this time in my life.

Each of my children are dear in their own ways. My Bailey, our fourth grader, loves her family and will let you know it. She is a leader and definitely master MOM. Yes, she tells me what to do and will promptly tells me where I am deficient and others in the household. It's just horrible (since it happens a lot- sorry Bailey!). On the other hand, she is a delight to be around. She is a born leader and is extremely independent. It's hard to swallow sometimes, but I have come to love this part of her. She is getting up in the morning bright and early (and has been for years) to get "ready" for school these days. She has figured out how to make a uniform look "cool" and is starting to talk about b-o-y-s. Yes, it's coming, I know...

Emma, our second grader, is the sunshine in our home. She is happy, go lucky and always has been. She was such a pleasure when she was born since Bailey was demanding my attention when she exited the womb (she started young...)! Emma loves life and you can see it on her face. She has tons of friends and knows how to make you laugh. We started to realize this when she was about 18 months and her teachers at daycare would crack up at her. She can capture anyone's attention! If she can find a way out of something, she will. She has always been the hardest to discipline since she was so sweet when she was dancing or reading a book instead of putting on her shoes, for example. She lives in her own world...and we all know it! Right now, she is into having friends over for play dates and spending the night with friends. She still loves chocolate (and always has), adores her big sister, and loves to play with her brother, Jackson and loves to try to kisses from Teague. She is ALWAYS in his face...

Now Jackson, our pre K'er, is a sweet and innocent little guy. He loves anything that even resembles a super hero and I know it is in his blood. He was introduced to pink and Barbie's early on in his life and never paid it a bit of attention. Those doll houses make great "caves" or "hero houses" with everything and anything he can find. He can play with Batman, ninja turtles, and Star Wars characters all at the same time. I got tired of always trying to separate the "groups" because they were all the same to him...so I did just that, I quit. He loves toys and every night he has to clean up his mess. I have tried to tell him to clean up as he goes, but so far he is doing alright with cleaning them up before bedtime (and I am learning to accept that). It all gets done the same way. It's called compromise! He is a good boy that is scared of monsters right now. He talks about bad dreams and monsters every night before bed. I've not experienced this before so it's new for all of us. I've tried to tell him they aren't real. Then, I'd tell him that we don't let monsters in our house. Now, I'm telling him that they always go to the "bad" boys houses and he's a good boy so they don't come here. When I told him that last night- he just smiled...I could see his wheels turning and he dosed right off. It was the first thing he told the girls this morning when he saw them.

Teague, our 14 month old, is a pistol of a red head. I don't know where it came from, but his PaPa likes to say it came from his side since his mom was a red head. I wish she could have seen hers because I don't remember when she was red headed. He is lovable little guy that is totally different from his brother. For starters, he is much bigger and much more aggressive. He is an eater and is wearing shoes right now that Jackson wore when he was 18 months old. He is still only in the 25% of weight and size, but he is big to us! He isn't spoiled (he has a hard time getting anything right now), but loves for you to know that he is here- he screams! And he is learning to use his voice in other ways. He talks jibberish right now and can sing a good tune when it's bed time. He just lights up when he sees Barney...and enjoys watching him everyday. It's the only time he sits still and I don't have to see where he wondered off to! He has started to show some tendencies for jealousy. Just recently, he noticed Emma sitting on my lap. He came over and got on my lap immediately and then proceeded to hit her in the face...and it was hard! She was such a good sport and we couldn't help but start laughing (which means he got a positive reaction and it probably won't be the last time)!!

Jerrod and I celebrated our 15 year anniversary this summer. It's hard to believe that time has flown by so quickly...I guess time DOES fly by when you are having fun. It's hard with this large of a family and he works hard at creating a nice home for us. In time, we will sit back and remind ourselves about these days and laugh about how we got through them. He is faithful and loving father to our four children...and I am blessed to have found him.

The girls and I are looking forward to a girls weekend in Amarillo this weekend! We are leaving Friday to help my SIL Carey celebrate the birth of her first baby with a baby shower. It's going to be great...and I have no doubt that she will be the MOST spoiled little girl in Amarillo come January. Jerrod's family knows how to have fun and have fun things... She is going to be one blessed little girl with the greatest blessing of family close by. I know we will have a grand time this weekend and we can't wait. I wonder what the boys will do in Sugar Land??

I hope this first blog puts a smile (or two) on your face and you'll come back and visit sometime real soon. Sometime's it's not pretty, but it's pretty GREAT all the time.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Glad you have joined the blogging world! Can't wait for the first post!

Unknown said...

Love it!!! DOn't hesitate to call me if you need anymore help.