Tuesday, November 04, 2008

A time for change- we have a new President!


Today was a great day spent with my buddies, Jackson and Teague. We went to the gym (I am so proud of myself) and then Jackson helped me make cookies for Campbell Elementary (I know, a total faux pas) and we also spent some time learning about blogging (it's called trial and error- unfortunately more errors than I care to mention). My friend, Ginger called to say that she started her blog this weekend, too! Great minds think alike! Maybe I can call her sometime when I am stuck and don't know what to do instead of bugging Jennifer all the time! I can't wait to see what she came up with...

Jackson is kinda obsessed with his friend Colby right now. He will ask everyday, all day about Colby and what he is doing. Colby's mom is a lot like me- Debbie has four kiddos and needs to run during her days off or is working around the house. They get to play a lot for 4 year olds, but sometimes it just doesn't work out for some reason. On those days, I usually tell Jackson that Colby just can't play. That works for about the first few hours and then I move into "Colby is sleeping" or "Colby's busy cleaning up his room". Jackson believes whatever I tell him and I love that about him. It's cute to see him figure out what it's like to have friends and I am so happy to see that he is having fun getting older. Debbie tells me that Colby is doing the same thing to her- so they have definitely found a great friend in each other (and they live so close to one another...awesome)!

Bailey just loves the blog. She is so proud of it that she printed off the website to give to her teachers and her friends. It is so funny...and she approved of what I wrote about her in the first blog. I really knew that it would be special for my kids, but I never expected the response I got from her when I shared the blog with her! Emma wasn't as interested, but I know someday she will be.

Today is the day we get to vote for President. Jerrod had a long talk with the girls about how this day could change the history of this country. They will be impacted my the decision that is made tonight in some way.

We also spent some ti
me with my Brownie girls at the park. We met them tonight to "remind" our neighbors to vote once they get home from work. The girls were so cute holding up signs and yelling "V-O-T-E, Vote for President" on the sidewalk leading into our neighborhood. It was also nice listening to them all talk to each other about the candidates until Emma told me that Barack Obama believes in killing babies. When I asked her where she heard that from, she said one of her friends. Emma's going to hear it somewhere, sometime- so I had to explain to her what Obama supports and why someone would say that. It was a great time with the girls and finally completed a "try it" badge on civic duty.

While we were at the park, I couldn't keep my hands on Teague. He is all over the place and did I say "climbing"?!! And all over the place! I couldn't keep him off the slides so I included a picture of him having fun. The older girls enjoyed "taking care" of him and he really enjoyed them chasing him around. They really helped me a lot! Teague then took his first bath in my big bath tub. Big day! He could move around (cause he usually sits in a bath seat in his tub) and had fun splashing and standing up and down, up and down, and some more up and down. He is so cute and he still has red hair!!

I don't want to get political here, but Barack Obama has a lot to change- and he is going to be held to THAT sinc
e his campaign was all about "change"! I'll continue to pray for this country and for President Obama!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Yeah!!!! You fixed your picture! COngrats and I love the look. On another note, I absolutely cannot believe you had to discuss abortion. Unbelievable and sad.