Friday, November 07, 2008

I am still learning...

I learned a few new things yesterday that I thought I would share with you. For starters, did you know that it is OK to talk about skeletons but you can't talk about monsters? I felt so silly when Jackson told me that and I hadn't heard of it before (the things 4 year olds know). He went on and on about why it was OK to talk about skeletons and I listened (and learned) very intently. Go figure...

Then, he told about a game that he learned about. We were driving down Highway 6 in Sugar Land about 4:30 pm. It's fairly busy street during this time of day and it was about to start raining. All of the sudden Jackson starts rolling up and down the window. (I have those "window locks" on the Suburban but I must have forgotten to press the button to activate them) When I asked him to stop rolling up and down the window, this is what he said to me: "Mawwwwm! I am pwaying a game here. It's called "rowing up and down the window" and you row down the window when you see a car next to you and then you row it back up when it drives away. See! You don't know that game? You didn't pway it when you were four? See, it's fun". Anyway, I am certain there was a "eye roll" somewhere in his explanation of the game to me since I am so "old school"!! Who else has heard of this game?

One more thing, I heard Jackson tell his friend yesterday about the last time he caught the stomach bug. He told his friend about how he "threw up" everywhere and it made him stronger- and he was PROUD. Poor Colby. You see, Jackson got all mixed up...I had told him that God makes our bodies special for us. He created our bodies so that we could get rid of all the "yuckies" and bad stuff in them by making us throw it up. I went on to tell him how when we get the "yuckies" out of our bodies- we get strong. His light bulb went off promptly because all he heard was "stronger" and he knows that Hulk is strong and Spiderman is strong! Now, he is so excited about being "stronger" from his last sickness that I am worried he wants to catch the bug! His poor friend didn't know what to think and I didn't have the heart to have a "sit down" with him too!

I caught a snapshot of Jackson showing me how fast his new shoes make him run this morning so I thought I would share. We have a long hallway (a runway) where he tries out all the new shoes... He officially runs faster than the last time he tried.

And Teague has discovered chocolate pudding. Check out our "rooster"!! Enough said.

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Too funny! I don't think I could just let Kendrick dive into Chocolate pudding like that with clothes on and all. You are a brave woman!

The Richards Family said...

What precious little guys you have. And your girls are beautiful.. I am really enjoying your blog.