Sunday, November 16, 2008

And it's a new week! Thank you!

How does time get away so quickly? I really want this blog to be a priority in my life, but this last week took a toll on me and the blog. We had multiple appointments, dentist visits for cavities (Emma!), and a big Brownie event on Friday where we went door to door- scavenger hunt style looking for items to donate to Helping Hands in Richmond. I only had 4 girls on my street but it takes a lot of planning and coordinating all week! After the hunt was over, the entire troop met up at the park around the corner to compare our collections.
They are going to be so happy when they see all the things that the girls collected! The girls had a ball and Helping Hands deserves all that we collected- they do great things for our community! Check them out!Saturday I got to spend the day with two friends, Jennifer and Nichole, from my neighborhood shopping at the Nutcracker Market at Reliant stadium. Now, that's how I like to spend my Saturdays! Shopping with girls that like to shop! A perfect match... Of course, I found some good stuff for people dear to me.

Right when we got home, Jerrod and Jackson were off to his last soccer game. We just had to shoot some video of him running down the field kicking that ball. We hadn't made the time to video this season and when we did think of it, the camcorder wasn't charged so we couldn't miss out this evening too. It is really cute to watch him...I hope I never forget those arms moving front to back and how he looks at me on the sidelines and smiles ear to ear all while running to get the ball. Of course, the ball is usually in a different location but the thought is all that matters, right? He would always tell me at the end of the game, "Mawma, I heard you and BellLee (Bailey) screaming for me and it made me run really fast." Sweet! And when I figure out how to post video, I'll be sure to post some of Jackson running.Later that night, we took Bailey and Jackson to see the Houston Rockets play against New Orleans. I know, LONG day, huh?? Emma spent the night with her friend Emma F. and Teague went to sleep early so we had a neighbor come down and sit at the house while he slept! It is so weird to go with just 2 kids- you really feel like you are missing an arm or something. I find myself constantly checking on the ones that aren't there! It's crazy to go places at times with four kids, but it feels crazy to go without them, too. It's so much easier!! I've included pictures of our evening at the game.

I hope this week is better...the weather is wonderful and definitely fall like. I have some great dinners planned (Stacy's crock pot chicken and dumplings- click on her name if you want the recipe and check out her blog, too! Awesome!) and a meatloaf. Perfect for this time of year!

The big kids got into the Christmas gear today and started busting out some tunes. Here's a shot of that, too! At dinner tonight, Emma said that she can't wait for it to be 10 days until Christmas. What's up with that??! What happened to "I can't wait for it to be Christmas day!". Oh Emma! You are so cute (and obviously ready for Christmas). I am too! Did I say that I have already pulled all the Christmas items down, inspected them and am waiting patiently for Thanksgiving to get them up. I didn't do much decorating last year since Teague was so little. I am going to do it up this year. The Christmas lights are already up outside and look awesome...seriously.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

You are way ahead of me with Christmas! Had great fun with you on Saturday.