Saturday, September 19, 2009

We are not in control- He is

Last week my great Aunt died after 94 glorious years. She was such a sweet soul and I loved her dearly. Aunt Willeen had a serious sweet tooth and she must have added sugar to everything! She always promised my brother and I when we would come over for dinner that she would make what she called "sugar rice". It was a deliciously carb filled dish with milk, sugar and cinnamon. I could make a meal off of that side dish...it was delish! She also made a mean array of candies and cookies during the holidays. As a child, I ALWAYS wanted to go to her house. I was asked to provide some memories of Aunt Willeen for the Eulogy at the funeral and this is what I said I remembered most.

Then, Friday my Uncle Tim died. He was in his early 60's and he had been taking care of his wife that has been in the hospital for the last few months (seriously ill) and he didn't show up to work on Friday. They went to see what the problem was and he was found at home. He apparently had a heart attack in his sleep. My cousins have come to take care of funeral arrangements and they have made plans for the EMS to come and pick up his wife so that she can attend the funeral this next week. This family is having a hard time...I feel so bad for them.

In light of my recent medical discoveries, this has really got me thinking about life and all that we really don't control. There is only one person in control and that's our Lord and Savior. He is the only one that truely knows our plan and I have to go on faith knowing everything is going to be OK for me and everyone else.

No comments: