Thursday, September 10, 2009

and not a single donut to purchase- now, that's crazy!

Teague has finally starting attending a MDO program at First Baptist Church in Richmond. The program comes highly regarded as I had to go pull a "number" in early March just to get him a spot on the roster. I can't believe that the day has come. It's amazing to think that my baby is going to be away from me during the day for a short time. We have been a team these past two years and it's hard to let that go.

Teague did smile for the camera and enjoyed the idea of holding onto his backpack on his back the first day. He went willingly into the classroom with just a few tears when I went to leave him there. I watched him through the window for a short while and he did relatively good. Every once in a while, he would whimper and put his bottom lip out, but he did really good. I was able to get a few pictures of him discovering the new toys he had to play with!
Yesterday wasn't as good. I took him in and he whimpered some. He did let me leave and I again, hung around to see how he would do. He cried a little bit and just wandered around for about 10 minutes. He would play with toys and then stand there and start to cry...it made me cry and before I knew it I had other Moms in the hallway consoling me! Pick up time was totally different. I walked in the building and I could hear him screaming. The teacher was walking towards me and he just about jumped out of her arms to get to me. He was sobbing- uncontrollably and could barely breathe! His teacher said he saw me walking in the building and started to cry then. I didn't know what to think....poor baby.

This morning was awful. We pulled up today and he literally started screaming when he saw the building. Before I could get out of the driver seat and to the back seat to unbuckle him, he was sobbing. Tears were rolling down his face and he kept saying, "no, No, NOO! No Mommy!". It broke my heart. I left him at FBC Richmond screaming and crying- he even had his hands in his face to cover it up...
Same thing as yesterday at pick up time. He was screaming and when he saw me, he grabbed me like he had just been beaten for hours and I finally showed up to save him. He was so red and was just about to hyperventilate.

I hope this gets better. I have enjoyed my time alone during the day and even got to go to HEB alone yesterday. I actually got to stick to my grocery list and didn't have to purchase a single donut to keep Teague quiet and happy. It was nice, but is it worth it? Only time will tell.

2 comments:

Karen said...

Oh Claire! I know how hard that must be for you! It is good for Teague in a lot of ways. Does he go everyday? I will say lots of prayers for you both!

Swan Family said...

Gideon is there too!!! Well he only went on Tuesday, he is sick. I bet Teague is in the class right next to Gideon. I am glad Teague loves it! Gideon had a blast and loves wearing his packpack (backpack.