Wednesday, July 22, 2009

Winging it in Fredericksburg with a few extra's

I had promised the kids that they could take Caroline and Maddie to Fredericksburg sometime ago right after swim team was over. There was no way they were going to let me forget it so I gave in and let them ask their friends eventhough I was going without Jerrod. They were silly girls the entire way to Fredericksburg and found all kinds of ways to amuse themselves.
As any good baby will do, Teague was up until midnight last night so I gave him some Motrin just to see if he could eventually fade off to sleep. Eventually, he did so I knew I had to get him in to see a doctor immediately or it was going to be a short trip!!

I took everyone to the doctor with me (they were good and were bribed) and he confirmed that Teague had another ear infection so he gave him a prescription to get him better- quick! After we got that filled, we were off to Clear River Pecan Co. on Main street (the bribe) where everyone enjoyed homemade ice cream. Maddie's was homemade peach- we all agreed that she made the best choice. Yummo!
This evening we went to the Old Tunnel to see the bats emerge. It was a great time and actually very educational! The girls had a great time asking the WMA employees all kinds of questions. They even had all kinds of bat bones and other stuff the kids enjoyed looking at. Here we are waiting for them to emerge:
Here's where you can see them coming out:
Here they are going out for food- they usually return sometime between midnight and dawn.
Totally COOL!
But the best part for ME? I met a friend and my neighbor at the tunnel. I was talking to another Mom and we were discussing coming out to see the bats and where and what to do in Fredericksburg. Leslie lives there permanently and gave me some great pointers. As I was leaving, I asked her about swimming with the kids in Fredericksburg and somehow we figured out that we live across the street from each other!! She gave me her cell phone number and told me to give her a call so that we could get together. I am thrilled!

No comments: