Thursday, July 09, 2009

Luckenbach

My Mom and Dad came to visit me this week while I was in Fredericksburg without the kids. They have been wanting to come and see the little house and my mom had the time off of work so they came on up to scope things out. We tried out a new mexican food restaurant and just hung around the house most of the time, but today we decided to venture out and see some country.

Our first stop was Luckenbach, Texas. Boy, it was a sight. It was really, really, really small and there was really nothing to it. Just a circle where the General Store was located. The store had a bar in back and the famous dance hall across the street from that. Here are my Mom and Dad in front of the fully functioning Luckenbach, Texas Post Office.
Out in back, there were quite a few people just sitting around listening to music and drinking beer.

We also went to Blanco today but my Dad was so excited to get home and take a nap that we blinked and we missed the cute little town. Bummer.

No comments: