Saturday, July 04, 2009

Alamo Spring Cafe and the Old Tunnel in Fredericksburg

After the parade, we decided that we all needed the perfect burger so we headed out to Alamo Spring General Store and Cafe. I swear to you that these are the best burgers around. If you know me well, you know that when I was pregnant with Teague I was always looking for the perfect burger...it was the only thing that I craved all the time! I thought I found it until I came and had a burger here. Seriously people, the best burger ever. If you are ever in the Fredericksburg area, you have to try this place. It's a bit out of the way, but not too far and you can even make it a special outing by going to the Old Tunnel Bat Cave next door at dawn. We haven't had a chance to go see the bats at night but it is supposed spectacular when they all leave the tunnel. Today after we ate, we went to check it out.
The best burger around!
Here's the observation deck where there are seats to watch the bats emerge.
We took the walk down the path to see the tunnel.

No comments: