Monday, April 06, 2009

Happy Birthday Jackson!

Today is my sweet boy's 5th birthday! He has waited FOREVER for this day. This is the first birthday that I have noticed him "counting" down the days until it arrives and then waiting so patiently for it to arrive! It has been a hard month...I think I figured out why.

We have a thing about waking up our kids the day of their birthday with all their siblings (yes, we wake them up early) singing them happy birthday. They all love it and actually ask for it each birthday. Today I got home from the gym at 6:30 a.m., rushed in the bedroom to wake up Jerrod, ran up the stairs to get the girls and unfortunately ran into a "figure" in the dark standing at their door.

Jackson was ALREADY awake- we didn't get their early enough. I politely told Jackson to get his hiney back in his bed so that we could come and wake him up...and he took off running! We met him in his room afterwards and sang him his birthday song loud and proud!!

We all came downstairs for our gourmet breakfast (Cookie Crisp cereal and milk) and he proceeds to tell me that his friend at school will play with him now...he is finally five! I whipped my head around so fast that I almost got whiplash... WHAT??!! Then he continues to tell me how his friend tells him all the time that he won't play with Jackson until he is 5! I swear I thought I was going to lose it...who is this kid?! Does he know who Jackson's mother is?! Obviously, he doesn't!! I think the part that bothers me the most is that Jackson was so excited...for that!! Turns out that this has been going on for months (remember how he doesn't want to go to school?)!

I wish I would have thought to bring my camera into his school when I dropped him off. His entire class was already doing their morning work (ok, I was late...)and they all turned around and yelled "happy birthday Jackson!" and you could just see how happy he was! So sweet!
I always let them choose their favorite meal for dinner and Jackson chose Sponge Bob shaped macaroni and cheese and frozen chicken nuggets. I don't know, but he thought it was Yummo! He ate it up and then opened his presents from his brother and sisters and we tried to explain AGAIN that his birthday party will be in June when school lets out. Oh well.
Happy Birthday Jackson! You are a dream come true and I adore you. I can't believe another year has slipped past us and you have grown a little taller, wiser, nicer and are the absolute best 5 year I have ever known. Hands down.

1 comment:

Swan Family said...

Happy birthday Jackson!!!