Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter 2009- We try

Easter started Saturday evening this year. We went to church at the 6:30 p.m. service- I highly recommend going at night- loved it!! The kids had a great time at church and so did Jerrod and I.

We tried to take pictures of the kids before they destroyed their outfits. Besides, we don't get to dress our kids up like we used to- they are getting older- urghh- and it's just plain hard to get it all together. We did get a few good shots of the kids and we were actually able to capture of relatively good picture of the family by placing the camera at the base of the stairs...

Here's the first...

That lasted a whole 5 seconds....Let's try someone new....

Nope, that doesn't work either so he was off to find something else to get into...

Yep, he found Mommy's stash.

The kids were off to bed by 9:00 p.m. so we got to work....

The Easter bunny did good this year. The bunny always leaves a chocolate bunny and confetti eggs and assorted treats like activity books, markers, etc.


The kids were up early and ready to have an Easter egg hunt. Since rain was predicted, the bunny hid the eggs all around the house- making sure to leave plenty on the floor for the baby. The first rule of our hunt: ALL EGGS on the floor belong to TEAGUE!

It was fun watching them look for the eggs! Even the big kids.

Unfortunately, the Easter bunny got a little sloppy this year.

Emma discovered an egg with her name on it. It was an egg from years past and she is a smart cookie.

She approached me in the kitchen after they had settled into eating a million calories within a short amount of time- a world record somewhere for sure. She came and asked me if I was the Easter bunny. My response was weak- a pathetic - "No, why do you think that?" and a smile quickly followed. She said that one of the eggs she found had her name on it and she didn't think the Easter bunny would do that. She left it at that and I thought, "OH BOY! Got away with that one". Then, Bailey comes in and asks the same thing. I couldn't help but smile and ask her the same thing. She looked at me and said, "MOM!! There isn't really an Easter bunny, is there?!" I couldn't lie to her so I said, "Do you really think a bunny hops from house to house and places eggs all over for kids to find?". Enough said.

I hate to say it, but I am kinda excited. I don't like the idea of "lying" to my children about these sorts of things. They will be fantastic helpers next year...I am not one bit scared that they will squeal the secret to their brother. They would never do that!!

1 comment:

Swan Family said...

Claire I just love the family pictures!!! You have such a beautiful family!