Thursday, June 11, 2009

The move in

We packed up the a few things at the house, scheduled the movers, arranged furniture deliveries from Houston and San Antonio to Fredericksburg and headed out to the new house. We took both cars and left early this morning. Jerrod was in one car and I was in the other- we each had a few kids and extra family members that were willing to be a part of this exhausting event (thanks Karen, Carey, O and Donnie)!

We went ahead of Jerrod while he packed up the last of the items so he was probably a 45 minutes behind us. I don't know why, but for some reason I didn't use the GPS in the suburban and leaned on Jerrod to tell me where to go (he is usually pretty good about finding the back roads and getting us there rather quickly). Well, Jerrod sent me East instead of West in San Antonio so we got a little off track, but he had "tea guzzling" Donnie in the car with him and so he had to keep making stops for bathrooms. In the end, we all got there in just the right amount of time and within 30 minutes of arriving, we had both movers there. It was actually perfect.

I'll include some pictures as soon as I can get them dowloaded, etc. I didn't take pictures of the house empty...I am so disappointed with myself! I would have loved to have taken before and after pictures of the house. The house is just perfect...to us.

No comments: