Wednesday, June 10, 2009

a birthday party times 3

This year we had ONE birthday party for the 3 older kids. We rented community pool #3 in Greatwood to host all their friends and it was a lot of fun for everyone. I was able to get a few pictures, but I had a girl with a photography business here in Greatwood to take pictures of the event for me while I tended to party stuff. She did a fantastic job and I highly recommend using someone like her to take pictures so (you the parent) can just enjoy the party, mingle with friends, and tend to the party activities like cutting the cake, etc. It was nice to know that Tiffany was taking care of pictures!! Here is what I got of the cakes:
Jackson's cake was a total fiasco! He has been spotting an Indiana Jones cake at HEB for the last few months. I have mentioned before his fascination with Indy and so there was no chance we would have any other kind of cake for him. So I went to HEB a few days before the party to order "the" cake...everything was good, but as I was leaving the store the girl that took my order came chasing after me. She came to tell me that they did NOT have the Indy cake "package" so I would need to choose something else. Knowing this was not an option, I started brainstorming what could be done to get "the" cake. She said they would be willing to put a picture on the cake so I went home and picked up a DVD case of Indy and took it up there. I added the little Indy characters from Jackson's collection and it all worked out... He was so proud of that cake!! All the boys had fun telling me which piece they wanted from the cake (most of them said Indy's face) and I had the unfortunate task of telling them that Jackson's had already called that one. Oh well, they all enjoyed the cake!!
Bailey and Emma's cakes came from the Nestle' Toll House Cafe in Richmond right in front of the new JCPenney's (Brazos Lakes shopping center). I think they did a great job on the cookie cakes. I took over one of the party plates to show them the colors and I was very pleased with what we got and the only thing left from these cookie cakes were the box! Yummo!
The birthday girl Bailey
I had a great idea to give away "noodles" as the party favor. I wanted the kids to play with them and then be able to take them home. Well, leave it the kids to find something better to do with them. The older kids went around hitting each other!! There were a few kids that enjoyed swimming with them at the party, but you'll have to look really close to find them...

After it was all said and done, this party was awesome and the "noodles" were a great party favor for everyone!!

No comments: